- Your child needs to be at least in Year 3 at school.
- Book your appointment either online or by calling us.
- On the day please arrive on time.
- Bring the child's latest prescription or their glasses if they wear any.
- eyeRadar tracking.
- An eye examination, if one has not taken place in the last year.
- Followed by a colored overlay assessment for visual strain, if necessary.
- Receive via email a detailed report from the eyeRadar team.
- An already booked online appointment will take place to explain and discuss the results with final recommendations.
- Book a follow up for 6 months to re-asses with eyeRadar and evaluate the effectiveness of the interventions.
The eyeRadar is a digital tool for the Rapid Assessment of Dyslexia and Abnormalities in Reading. The test has 99.3% negative predictive value which offers substantial peace of mind to students and parents alike. Most importantly, it offers not only the initial detection but due to the accuracy and repeatability of the measurement parameters, it is the only technology that enables a personalised treatment plan based on the student’s particular areas of difficulty.
Our specialist Optometrist has extensive experience with children and provides a safe and comfortable environment. He takes his time with each patient to explain the test and equipment in order to alleviate any anxiety.
He will offer his professional recommendation on the day and discuss the eyeRadar results and final plan 2-3 days later during the online appointment.
Research has shown that introducing an overlay of a specific color in front of printed text can alleviate symptoms of Visual Stress and increase reading speed.
Meares-Irlen Syndrome is particularly prevalent in people with dyslexia.
Associated symptoms include glare from a white page, headaches & migraines, moving words/letters, eye strain and fatigue.